So I thought the antibiotics would make me better. Hahahaha, that was silly. I felt pretty sick still this last 5 days and it took me until 2 nights ago to figure out why. My infection was gone, but apparently they gave me CIPRO, the most hard core antibiotic there is. It is what they give you before you go overseas cause it kills EVERYTHING. It also makes you sensitive to sunlight. Needless to say, I've been really feeling the side affects so I've only ridden two times in the last 4 days. I'm at least glad I know now what was making me so sick and I finished the meds yesterday and we have a day off today. I should be good to go tomorrow for the trip into the GRAND CANYON. It sucks to have missed so much riding but I'm glad that I'm getting better now and I've still been enjoying myself.
We're in Flagstaff now and I LOVE it. It's a very hippy town. Last night there was an art walk with live music, wine, and stores open late. Today there is an arts and crafts thing that I've been looking at and we're going to see our trip leader's dad's life's art work. He is doing land art with a crater and it won't be open to the public til 2011.
Big exciting news: we get to Vegas on Thursday. There was a lot of rumor floating around our trip that our host first fell through, then were going to put us up in a shady motel. Turns out those were all lies. One of our leaders has a SWEET hookup. We're going to be staying at the Imperial Palace across from the Mirage in the middle of the Strip. OMG I am so excited. We are also getting a buffet and access to shows and the casino. I love my life. The Grand Canyon and Vegas all in the next 6 days. Should be Fantastic. Of course we have to be up early for our build day in Vegas but we're going to have fun.
Cool things about the last 7 days:
~We stayed at the toaster house in Pie Town, a town of 60 people that yes, sells pie.
~We stayed at a Navajo Reservation in Houck, AZ which was really neat. I bought earrings and we learned about Navajo Nation.
~I love flagstaff
~I bought Step Up 2 and a bunch of people watched it with me on the projector. GREAT MOVIE.
Ok, internet time dwindling. Until next time. I role into Santa Barbara in less than 2 weeks and head home the 17th. I'm going to miss the people and this trip, but it'll be nice to be home and to just get to sit and do nothing for a bit. If you want a postcard, leave me your address and I'll get one to you ASAP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hilary!
i was wondering how far along you were on your bike and build trip when i happened upon this link on your fb page. wow i can't believe you biked the grand canyon! i went there with my family a few years ago and it is positively gorgeous. let me know when you get back to springfield :)
elizabeth cole
Post a Comment